Classically styled bronze tablet on granite monolith of historic Roman Catholic Church located in Polish Hill neighborhood in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The monument honors the hundreds of parishioners, both men and women who served in World War II. There is a special section reserved for the twenty men who perished in the war. Immaculate Heart of Mary Church (in Polish “ Kosciol Matki Boskiej “) was designated as a World Heritage Site in 1970.
Date of Installation:
November 11, 1947
Organization Responsible for Installation:
Our Lady of Victory Club
Memorial War Era(s):
3058 Brereton Street Pittsburgh, PA 15229 40 Degrees 27’ 23” North 79 Degreed 58’ 4” West Polish Hill is a neighborhood located in the City of Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania.
Published on February 4, 2020